Monday, September 22, 2014

"And we talk of Christ, We rejoice in Christ, We Preach of Christ..."

I am excited to tell more about the adventures in the Philippines! 

1.) The flood.....yes there was a storm and a flood, but i only lost one arm, so all is well! haha...but it was quite the experience actually! We were having companionship study and we looked outside and water kept rising up. She asked me if my 72 hour kit was ready and I was like....uh.....I'll be right back! We got that together then evacuated to the church with other members and non members whose homes were flooded. Our home never flooded thankfully! But we still went to the church to help out. It was quite an experience! I felt like i was in a movie! 

2.) Food! I'm losing weight i think from all the walking. My companion is always telling me to eat more! She is just like a mom! If I'm not hungry at night she makes me eat something to have 'balance" in my life haha. She's great!  Ive been trying a lot of really tasty foods lately! Yesterday after church, the president gave us this delicious snack! that I will eat for the rest of my life! It was a type of sweet potato. But they boil it then cut it and dip it into coconut mixed with sugar. try it! It will change your life! I really miss milk and cheese. Every time we go to the store to get food, I see milk. and my heart breaks a little inside...haha I'm so dramatic...but really the milk here is just...not milk! I haven't seen cheese in ages...! The bread here is so good. I didn't expect that! today we actually had this dish that I will send a picture of! The elders in my district and us cooked it today. and guess who killed the chicken.....me! it was quite the experience! I really didn't want to do it! But you only kill a chicken in the Philippines once right??? but it as really sad....it made an awful noise when it died...sorry for the description haha...but anyways then i helped de feather it too! So I have had many adventures here with food! 

3.) Baptism! Sister Kristia will be baptized on Friday! We are SO excited!!! and she is even more excited! I can't wait to send pictures of that next week!!

4.) Random....I saw a pig the size of a small horse the other day... I couldn't believe my eyes!!! I  just stopped and stared as my companion kept walking! Speaking of seeing crazy things....the other day i saw an American in the grocery store in the city. It was so weird.  I mean I see American missionaries. but never non missionaries that are American. My companion was laughing because I just couldn't believe my eyes haha. its weird seeing an American even tho its only been like 3 months!! 

5.)Prayer. My companion always says the gospel changes lives, which is so true! and part of the gospel is that we can pray to our Heavenly Father anytime anywhere about anything. That changes lives!! pretty amazing when you think about it! My prayers have really changed since being here! when you really pray to Heavenly Father like He is beside you and when you realize you are nothing without Him, your prayers change. and so dos your life. Mahal ko panalangin! (i love prayer!) 

6.) Charity. Being a missionary, the attribute of charity is needed more than ever! As I have been praying for that attribute, I have been feeling the love of Christ for others. I've spoken about brother den den before ,our neighbor. When ever we teach him, I feel the Savior's love for him so strongly. I try to express through my little Tagalog that Heavenly Father hears and knows him. I am just grateful to have the experience of feeling my Savior's love for others. It's also a good reminder of His love for me. Which is so important to remember. In the mission, there are a lot of different feelings you experience. It's a blessing to know that my Savior has so much love for me, that's just one thing that keeps me moving!  Pray for charity! its great! :)

I would just like to end with my testimony. I know my Savior lives. He knows us individually. He wants to hear from us. I know Joseph Smith restored the gospel of Jesus Christ through the power of the priesthood. We are one of the only churches to claim that the church we belong to is the only church on the face of the earth with the fullness of the gospel. If some people reading this aren't sure what the fullness of the gospel means, I will try to explain so you can understand the significance of this statement. "Gospel" literally means "good news" and what is this good news it is found in 2 nephi 25:26 which says, "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in christ, we preach of christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." Christ lives!  The good news is that He lives! and this good news is the only way we can return to live with Heavenly Father someday, The Book of Mormon in the introduction says it contains the fullness of the Gospel. everything that will enable us to return to heavenly father is contained in this book. Through this book, any answer in your life can be given. You just have to ask and believe. I know the book of Mormon is the word of our Heavenly Father, and you can know too. anyone can! i love this gospel. That is why I am here. I have many weaknesses that i am learning to overcome, but i can say with all the strength I have that This is Christ's church. 

Thank you for your prayers and support! 
love, sister peavler





















No comments:

Post a Comment