Monday, October 20, 2014

Understanding the Atonement Brings a Desire to Share the Gospel

Hello! Sister Peavler here!
I'm excited to share some highlights! It feels like its been a while since I have!! Anyways....

1.) Zone p-day! My zone which is about ten sisters and ten elders went to this monument called Death March. we all piled into 1 jeepney...it was quite the squeeze but we are alive so all is well! We mostly just took tons of pictures there! It was really fun! It's so great making so many friends here! We also walked over this hanging bridge! I will send pictures of that day!
2.) General conference! General confernece was great like always! I wish I could go on the computer every day to review the talks! One of my friends here told me that her companion once told her "Heavenly Father makes her feel like an only child."  It's so true! Through those talks, I learned so much and felt things directed to me. It's amazing how special we are to Heavenly Father even though we are just a speck of His creations. After general conference a member took us to SM. It's the big mall here! Anyways we had pizza hut! It was oh so delicious! a nice break from rice fish and vegetables!!:)
3.) Agency. I've learned a lot about agency here on the mission. We have so much freedom to choose. Heavenly Father gave us a plan to follow in this life (which is all in the Book of Mormon:). He gave us everything we need. Yet sometimes we still choose the wrong thing. The natural man really bothers me sometimes! Every action has a consequence. Because God loves us so much He wants us to experience joy and we don't know joy if we don't experience sorrow!
4.) One by one...the Lord helps us one by one. Individually. It truly amazes me. I already spoke of this but He just knows us so well. I dont understand but am grateful to really see this. I love visiting less actives. I always feel my Saviors love for them. I feel His desire for them to come back. Things happen in life, hard things, but we can't forget how we've gotten this far already. Doctrine and Covenants chapter 6 is one of my favorites because it talks about this. Don't forget the confirming witness you've gotten before. Don't forget your testimony. Strengthen it everyday. It's a living thing that can  grow or die, so fast!
5.) Michael...I'd like to share a little about Michael one of our new investigators. He's so great! From our first leson with him, I really felt his special spirit. Anyways he was in a bad accident in japan a few years ago. He is now blind in one eye. He's gotten closer to Heavenly Father since His accident. and I really feel he has been prepared for the message of the restored gospel! He asks such pure questions it's hard to explain but it just makes me so happy! We were teaching the first lesson to him and we were at the apostasy part and we said that there was no longer the true church on the earth during the apostasy. Then he jumped in and said in english "So what is the true church now" and I just smiled so big and kind of laughed becuase he was so intently listening and it just made me so excited! My companion and I said that during the rest of the lesson he'll find out! It's just so exciting to meet people who search and wonder then you get to tell them about Christ's church. There's nothing really else like that feeling. Now he is really searching for an answer! He prays and reads and asks Heavenly Father. We were talking about the Holy Ghost the other day and He said " So how do I know its the Holy ghost?" may seem like a simple question...and maybe I get too excited over little things haha...but i just love being able to teach people about this gospel!!!! especially when they have such a desire like Michael! He's just great and will hopefully get baptized in November!!
6.) 11 week! It's week 11 here in Lapaz for me! Craziness!!! I lead the area this week and my trainer follows me. I'm kind of nervous! but excited too! Then transfers are in a couple of weeks and we will see if we get transferred! I hope I stay here in Lapaz! but I'll be happy wherever:)
7.) Nonmembers.....I really hope people who are not members of this Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints are reading my letters. This isn't just a church. It isn't the "Mormons"church. It is literally Jesus Christ's church. and you can know this! Life will still be hard when you come to know the truth for yourself and satan will try even harder for you to get away from the true church in all kinds of ways. But Heavenly Father loves you, He knows you, and is stronger than Satan. If you want peace of mind, hope, and to feel that your life has purpose, talk to the missionaries, or a member friend, or go online and contact missionaries. Funny story I was on a jeepney and a lady asked me if we were Mormons and I said yes. Well we were talking and I brought up the Book of Mormon. I was saying how beautiful it was and she said "well of course your going to say that cuz obviously its your church its what you tell people " and it isn't that. It's so much more. I don't share these things because I'm a missionary. because I'm a mormon. I'm a mormon and a missionary because i love sharing these things! I don't have to say these words. I don't have to be here in the Philippines! but when you understand the atonement of Jesus Christ you have a greater desire to share it with others. And thats exactly why I'm here! Heavenly Father has a plan for us and Jeus Christ is the center. It's that simple!
DEAR ELDER!!!! Okay so just like every other missionary...I love getting mail....!!!!! And it is difficult for a letter to get here right? Well if you go on dear elder.com and go to Philippines Angeles mission you can type me a message and it will be directly sent to me in letter form! It's so fun! So if you feel like making a missionaries day.....go to dearelder.com! haha(my add for the day)

Well hope all is well back home! thank you for your prayers! they strengthen me every day!!
love sister Peavler

Pizza Hut!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment