Monday, August 18, 2014

hello! 

Wow!! What an eventful week I don't even know where to start! 
highlights are the best way to do this so......
1.) Goodbye mtc.....that was definitly too bittersweet! So exciting but so sad to leave all the amazing people I had become so close to! That is a huge blessing of small mtcs! You gain friendships that will last a life time! 
2.) Hello mission field! Yes I am here in the mission field now! I am alive and breathing! I have been assigned to LaPaz area, wich is in tarlac zone! It is one of the hottest areas! yay! I'm actually being serious because ever since that New york winter I will never see heat the same way!!! Anyways... my companion is sister bongolto! She is a native Filipina! and the best trainer I could ask for! She is very experienced too! she has trained 2 or three other sisters, has been a sistertraining  leader, and has been out in the field a long time! She only has less than 2 transfers less! It's always a sight walking around together! She's about half my height! and native! then when people see me (the "giant"american') they just stareeeeeeee and even laughhhhh and say things....strange things....but I can't understand most of the time what they're saying so thats okay haha. But anyways we opened a new area. This area has been struggling. but we are coming into it with a great attitude and much hope! everyone we've met so far have been wonderful! so kind! so nice! 
3.) the little kids! okay so I'm in love with these little kids here!!! they are too cute! one little girl came up to me and said where is sister jones and we told her she got transferred! She said oh well im an investigator! and shes like 8 years old! so we will be teaching her now! I'm super excited! These children are some of God's sweetest. and I think why am i so blessed to be here with them? I don't know! but im just glad i am:)
4.) Teaching we have taught many lessons! Just like all missionaries do! but one of my favorite was to a less active. who is actually our neighbor,brother din din. The lesson was a very special experience. As we invited him to come back to church, he shared some tender things from his heart. I only understood a little of what he was saying but I felt impressed to share my testomony with him about the atonement. Afterward, he shared with us his understanding of the love of Christ and it was a very special experience. 
this is just a tiny bit of what has happened! like usual i am out of email time! but i love you and miss you! and thank you for the emails and supoort! i will write back to you all asap! love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment